Whilst trying to get Simple.Data working with a teeeeny tiny app for work, I couldn’t get past Database.OpenConnection(…) ; each time would result in a “No ADO Provider Found” exception, which had me baffled.
Google wasn’t helping much as it just threw up the symbolsource copy of Simple.Data’s MEFHelper.cs – i.e., the exception itself.
With a bit more digging I found this post on the Google Groups board which looked hopeful.
Eventually I found out that I needed to Nuget (if I can use that as a verb) Simple.Data into whichever projects referenced the class library that uses Simple.Data.
Odd. Seems a bit unnecessary, but it works now so I’m not complaining.